- LCL Data Centers has joined the Climate Neutral Datacenter Pact (CNDCP), a self-regulating initiative in collaboration with the European Commission. This pact is in line with the European Green Deal, which aims to make Europe the world's first climate-neutral continent by 2050, and the European Data Strategy, which aims to make data centers in the EU climate-neutral by 2030. LCL is now committed to making all its data centers climate-neutral by 2030 on its own initiative.
- At LCL, we have been working to reduce our energy consumption for some time. We have been supportive of the European Code of Conduct for Energy Efficiency in Data Centers from the outset and closely monitor our energy consumption. To support our efforts, we use 100% green energy. In addition, we continue to improve our cooling systems and optimize the new data centers we build.
- LCL is also an ambassador of the Code of Conduct, an initiative of the European Commission aimed at drastically reducing energy consumption, CO2 emissions, and climate change caused by data centers.
- In 2022, LCL was the first Belgian data center company to join the SBTi (Science Based Targets Initiative) to strive for real impact based on scientific insights. One of our notable initiatives to achieve SBTi goals is the phased transition to the renewable fuel HVO100.
- LCL has various ISO certifications that demonstrate that we meet the required standards and requirements. An important example of this is the 'ISO 14001' certificate for environmental management, which proves that our environmental management system complies with international environmental legislation. We have achieved this by monitoring our electricity consumption, using cold corridors for efficient cooling, using 100% green electricity, and using environmentally friendly extinguishing gas NOVEC 1230. But that's not all: of course, we continue to work to further reduce our ecological footprint.
- Finally, we are ready for the future: a plan is in place for the complete electrification of the fleet. To underline this milestone, we will also publish our first ESG report in 2023. This will inspire us to do even better in the coming years.
Read more here about how LCL contributes to sustainability